Feed the creative machine

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chowgule Service Centre Review, Katraj Pune

I had done my previous 23000 km servicing at Sehgal Autorider’s new service centre opened at Bavdhan. This centre was near to my home and that was the only reason I took my car there. I was not satisfied with the service done still driven my car for few months. They were unable to fix the rattling issue of my swift despite taking it multiple times. Overall facility was also not up to the mark. So decided to do the next servicing early instead of waiting for the 5000 km service interval. Also the rattling sound was making me crazy. So called up Chowgule’s service centre for appointment since I knew they normally don’t accept cars without appointment. This centre is located at Katraj which is other side of the city where I live. I had done my previous two servicing from this centre and was quite satisfied. The only problem was the distance. So on Saturday morning went to this centre. I approached the reception and told them to prepare the job card. The lady asked me to wait in the customer lounge. As expected, the centre was crowded and I saw at least 200 cars parked outside. After waiting for 20 to 25 minutes, a service advisor approached me and took me to the car. He was the same advisor who worked during previous service. I told him all the problems and he listened patiently. He also answered my queries. When I asked about oil change, he candidly told me not to change the oil since it was replaced during my previous service and the car has not run much. I really liked that. I told him that rattling sound from B, C pillar, boot is the major area of concern. Asked him to change all door clips if needed. He asked to do the AC servicing since it’s over 25000 kms. I gave go ahead.  Expected price quoted was 4000 Rs. (break up: 1. Paid servicing: 900, AC servicing: 2000, Brake pads cleaning: 400, Rear Wiper: 400 Miscellaneous: 300). AC Servicing charges were expensive but thought of the hygiene and the time we spent in the car.
Delivery time promised on the same day. I called up the SA in the evening to check if car if ready. He said all the work is done and currently car is lined up for washing. I reached the centre at 7 pm. SA asked me to wait in the customer lounge.
Facilities at the centre:1. Customer lounge: it was small. Around 20 people can sit in simultaneously. It was equipped with AC and TV. I saw couple of magazines containing MGA for different cars. Was hooked to the Swift magazine. Overall good.
2. Bathroom: Excellent. Used it in the morning. Found way better than my expectations.
3. Shuttle service: Though it’s provided only till their Satara Road showroom. I availed it till Katraj Chowk. It was an Eeco car which was in bad shape. Chowgule need to pay some attention here.
4. Location: Bad. Being outside the city.
Quality of the service:1. Whether all the things completed: Yes. Excellent. The rattling sound was completely gone. I was very happy. The only other side is need to check how long this can hold up together.
2. Timeliness: Excellent
3. Washing and cleaning: Bad. Was dissatisfied with the work done. Especially interiors. I have two sets of mats. One set was not washed altogether. I am very particular about cleaning of my car. I didn’t notice this since I took the delivery after sunset and it was completely dark.
4. Staff attitude: Excellent
However, overall I was happy with the service. I will definitely recommend Chowgule. Final bill came to 4448 which was more than estimated. Will add the breakup later. The car was completely silent from inside when I drove back home. Will update later on the rattling sound.

Cheers,
Mayur

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home